Automate your Vmware vSphere environment by learning how to install and use PowerCLI. This book takes a practical tutorial approach that will have you automating your daily routine tasks in no time.
- Automate your VMware vSphere environment including hosts, clusters, storage, and vCenter Server virtual machines and networks
- Create good-looking, clean reports in no time, increasing your efficiency
- Get to grips with PowerCLI to automate routine tasks using practical examples
VMware vSphere PowerCLI is a powerful command-line tool to automate all aspects of a VMware vSphere environment. PowerCLI is built on top of the popular Windows PowerShell, with which you can automate server tasks and reduce manual input, allowing you to focus on more important tasks.
"Learning PowerCLI" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a thorough knowledge of VMware vSphere PowerCLI. This knowledge will help you to automate your routine tasks so you can save valuable time.
"Learning PowerCLI" introduces you to VMware vSphere PowerCLI, from downloading and installing the software to creating good-looking reports of your VMware vSphere environment.
You will learn about working with host profiles, configuring virtual switches, removing snapshots, configuring Storage DRS, working with affinity rules, configuring an alarm, and managing roles and permissions. You will learn everything you need to know to get started with automating your VMware vSphere infrastructure. All the examples in Learning PowerCLI can be used directly in your environment.
What you will learn from this book
- Download and install PowerCLI
- Add hosts to VMware vCenter Server
- Configure vSphere Auto Deploy
- Use the esxcli command from PowerCLI
- Create OS Customization Specs
- Monitor virtual machine performance
- Configure distributed virtual switches and storage I/O Control
- Enable VM and Application Monitoring
- Manage licenses for multiple hosts to migrate them easily
- Configure an alarm to monitor your networks virtual machines
- Generate a good-looking HTML report in no time
"Learning PowerCLI" is written in a friendly and practical style with a focus on getting you started and automating daily tasks quickly and efficiently. If you manage or administrate a vSphere environment, and want to make that easier and more efficient, then this book is for you!
Who this book is written for
This book is ideal for you if you want to learn how to automate your VMware vSphere infrastructure, by getting the most out of PowerCLI. It’s assumed that you have some experience in administrating a VMware vSphere environment. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Windows PowerShell is not a prerequisite.
Tags:learning powercli pdf ,learning powercli pdf download,learning powercli pdf torrent download,learning powercli pdf ebook free download,learning powercli pdf download online,learning powercli pdf prewiew,learning powercli ebook download,learning powercli ebook free download,free powershell ebook download,powershell pdf ebook,powershell blog,Robert van den Nieuwendijk, “Learning PowerCLI”,Learning PowerCLI book,Learning PowerCLI by Robert van den Nieuwendijk.,Learning PowerCLI,Learning PowerCLI pdf ebook.Learning PowerCLI ebook buy online.